Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hummus and Veggie Wrap

I was in a hummusy mood (yup, that's a possible mood) so I opted for a simple hummus wrap for lunch. This wrap is all in the execution (I learned to cut the pita down the sides from Ellysa's, my favorite falafel place in Hell's Kitchen, NYC, for maximum space).

Start out by warming a whole wheat pita (you could go with white, but why not opt for the healthier option), once warm, cut pita along the edge so that after cutting you're left with 2 circles. Spread on 3 heaping tablespoons of your fave hummus (I went with Sabra because it's the creamiest) and top with  your favorite veggies .You could pretty much add whatever veggies you want to this wrap, but I went with  tomatoes, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, red onion and red leaf lettuce.

Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze the juice of 1/4 lemon, sprinkle of finishing salt and grind fresh pepper to taste.
Wrap it up and feel good about your lunch, knowing that you went for a healthy meal.

1 comment: